Sunday, April 24, 2011

Golf!

Yesterday, I did something very fun! I joined the EWGA at Santa Clara Golf for a round of 9 holes. A few years ago, I took golf lessons and was playing a lot. Over the years, I have still played now & then. I don't know any other women who golf so I always golf with Erik, and other guy friends. I think this is a high and a low for learning how to golf.

Back in January, I said I wanted to play more golf & tennis - two sports I really enjoy. I found the EWGA and thought it would be perfect--a chance to play regular golf with other women golfers! There are two groups in the club - one who plays 18 holes and another that sticks to 9 holes(The Niners). The women cross over into each group. This is perfect for me - I love playing 9 holes!

Yesterday, just four of us played Nine. It was so much fun! The women are all different ages and skill levels. It really is about fun, getting out there, and practicing. Everyone was very encouraging & not serious about hitting bad shots or losing a ball!

Since I haven't golfed in a year, I had some good drives, good shots, but also ended up in the sand once and overall played inconsistently! Oh well, I think hitting up the Range and playing with these ladies on a monthly basis will help.


(There were geese all over the course & there were baby geese!)
After we were done, we went back to the Clubhouse for a beer and I met more people in the group.

It was an awesome time!

No comments: