Monday, October 3, 2011

Bluegrass & Pumpkin Pancakes

Sunday was a full day but we did all manage to squeeze a nap in! The day started with a three mile run to train for my 10K in November. It was a great run in nice, warm-ish, no wind or fog weather!

After returning home, we headed to the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival, where Erik's friends band was performing.The name of the band is Conspiracy of the Beards and they are an a capella group. They were really good!






We also stayed to watch some of this band - Dive Bar Dukes from NYC.




There were a few different stages with bands all day. Big names like Emmy Lou Harris were at this festival, too!

Check out the huge crowd at one of the other stages.

The festival is huge and FREE. I couldn't believe it and still wonder who pays for everything from booking the bands to getting park permits. I am really not a music festival person BUT I think if you got here early, brought chairs & food, and picked one stage to sit at all day, that would be a fun day. Getting a spot is key.

We headed home and had breakfast for lunch because I made pumpkin pancakes!

So yummy! I didn't save the recipe I used but there are a ton online.

After giving Evie her afternoon walk, we all passed out for a nap. haha. It was blissful! I had planned on doing some cooking so I needed to rest up for it.

No comments: