Sunday, June 23, 2013

Luna Lobsterbake 2013

On Sunday, we had our first dinner party in our new place. I am thrilled that we have the space to do this, although we kept it small because we only have enough chairs for 8 of us! Our first party was a....Lobsterbake!

We had lobster, shrimp kabobs, corn, potatoes, berry trifle, and lobster shaped sugar cookies. It was great!!

I made these little packets of a napkin, bib, wet nap, tools, and tied with a little piece of rope for each place setting. 

Thank goodness I bought this a few years ago and never used it. I found a reason to finally use it!

Yummmmmmm....berry trifle. I will post the recipe!

The table...I had all of these ideas for the set up and it all came together perfectly. Thank you Amazon for allowing me to get everything we needed!


Lobster cookies with red frosting

The appetizer & drink set up. Don't worry - there was home brew and wine too. 

Watching water boil for the lobsters

Kelsey & Owen

Sean & Drew

Betsy & Greg

Chowing Down

Evie, begging for scraps. 

Unfortunately, she had to stay out of the way while the kids were over. She hasn't been around kids and is NOT good with them. We emailed a trainer who deals with dog aggression to see how we can fix this. With more and more friends having kids, we have to do something about this NOW. 

Erik and I 

Ahhh the aftermath. So good!

We want to make this annual thing because we had so much fun!

No comments: