Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday and Wood Tavern

On Sunday, I drove into SF to get my hair highlighted and meet some friends for lunch while Erik stayed home and brewed beer.
Do you see the lovely scab on my chin?? In other news, my thumb is totally fine but my arms are killing me as if I've been lifting weights for days. Ahhhh. NO jumping over anything this week. 

After my hair, we went to Chez Maman for lunch. The food was OK and the service was not very nice. Maybe they were trying to be "French" and give us attitude with the service? I don't know...

I headed back home where Erik was brewing and Evie was hiding out from the heat. For dinner, we went to Wood Tavern in Oakland. I went a few months ago for Tres Amigas dinner and it was SO good. When I saw a reservation open, I snagged it so Erik and I could go. It was amazing!

To start, we shared the 
Wild Arugula Salad 
Shaved Fennel, Parmesan Cheese, Lemon-Black Olive Vinaigrette

and 

Russet Potato Gnocchi  
Roasted Wild Mushrooms, English Peas, Ramps, Mint, Parmesan Cheese, Brown Butter Pan Sauce, Truffle Oil

For dinner, I had the 
Pan Roasted Half Chicken 
Fingerling Potatoes, Grilled Radicchio, Spinach, Garlic Confit, Bread Crumbs, Lemon-Rosemary Jus

Erik had the 
Sautéed Alaskan Halibut 
Iacopi Farms’ Italian Butter Beans, Pea Tendrils, Carrots, Ham Hock Broth 


For dessert, we shared
2 Scoops of House Churned Ice Cream 
Coffee Cocoa and  Salted Caramel

EVERYTHING was delicious. That gnocchi with the sauce was yummm-o. Our dinners were perfect, too. And, the service is wonderful. This could definitely become a regular spot for us. 

Good weekend of getting stuff done and some relaxing thrown in. Here's to a short week!!

No comments: