Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend

This weekend, we really didn't do much. I guess we didn't do much in terms of like going out & doing something interesting. On Saturday, I worked on my scrapbook in the morning, ran with Evie, Erik cleaned, and we watched hockey. We tried a new place on Saturday for dinner - Patxi.


It is Chicago Style Pizza. We got a deep dish pizza and it was DEEP. I could only eat one piece. It was huge.



We did go out on Saturday for a few drinks and I could barely drink a beer I was so full!

Sunday, I made Garden Harvest Soup. It was really good. It is cold here. Cold, foggy, gray 55 degrees. Not summerlike. However, we do get our 'summer' weather in December so I can't complain too much. It is windy though!

Here is the recipe for the soup:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 quarts (8 cups) low salt vegetable or chicken stock or broth
1 can (28 ounces) whole, crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cups water
1 small head cabbage thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce (optional)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)

Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then onion; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in carrot, garlic, and bell pepper; cook until tender. Add stock, tomatoes, water and cabbage; simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Season to taste with hot sauce, salt and pepper if desired. Garnish with parsley or cilantro, if desired.

No comments: