Tuesday, January 5, 2010

FLOSS

As you know, last year I had to get that mouth guard because I was grinding my teeth and causing gum recession. Lovely. Got the mouth guard but still don't floss that well. Few times a week, not daily. I know this is aproblem. I am too old NOT to floss. My tooth started hurting a few weeks ago & it was hard to eat on the right side of my mouth. I, of course, went right to needing a root canal or a gum graft.

So, I had an appt at the dentist for late Jan but moved it to today. They looked at my tooth and said the gum recession is really not that bad and I just need to use Sensodyne toothpaste. That's it! I mean, I had it all cooked up in my head on how I was going to be eating soft foods for a week after my gum graft. Unreal.

So, now I have to 1)Floss daily 2)Don't brush so hard 3)use Sensodyne toothpaste ONLY.

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

Have you tried a Reach flosser? I hate using regular floss, but the Reach is soooo easy, I just do it real quick after I brush my teeth in the morning. No losing the circulation in the tips of your fingers! It's a little pricier, but it's worth it to me, since if I didn't spend the extra money, I wouldn't floss.