Friday, January 8, 2010

Proud Mama


I am SO proud of Evie lately. She has been so good. I have been watching a ton of Cesar Millan now that we get the NatGeo channel again. Cesar teaches the same lessons in every episode so when you watch them enough, you get what he is saying. It's not really that Evie is a bad dog, its that I am nervous with her so she acts out. She basically feels me being nervous and tells other people, watch out b/c my owner is nervous. I also learned that she is not doing the right behavior around other dogs. She sometimes sits down when they try to smell her butt & that is not cool. That is like not extending your hand to someone. So today, 3 dogs ran up to her at Alamo and I just kept cool and tried moving her around so that they could smell & it worked great.

I literally have to like talk to myself in my head that I am the leader and boss when I am with her. She looks at me while we aer walking now. If she gets all excited when a dog is coming, I just give her a little tug on and she stops. We aer able to walk past previously scary people without a peep out of her. Plus, this morning, we stopped to talk to a Park Ranger and she sat right next to me without moving. I was shocked.

So, I am Cesar Jr. hahaha.

No comments: