Sunday, January 3, 2010

Vacation Over


Today is the last day of Christmas Vacation. Marla leaves tomorrow AM and I go back to work. It has been a fun two weeks off. This week, we have just been lounging, watching Tv and doing nothing. It has been fun!!

So, I read the book Skinny Bitch. I have heard if you read this book, you will be vegan instantly and never want to touch meat again. Well, I know a lot about the food industry, slaughterhouses, and how food is produced. This is why I do not eat pork or beef. However, the book made me think twice about dairy and caffeine. Basically, they said that coffee makes an acidic environment in your body and cancer likes acidic environments. Also, I know that I am addicted to caffeeine. I love Diet Dr. Pepper and coffee. So, I am trying to see how I do without it. I haven't had a soda or coffee for two days now. I have had a headache for two days now and it sucks.

I also tried rice milk - BLECH! Gross. I like real milk. Despite what I know about milk and overproduction, I like the way it tastes.

So, I'm sticking withthe milk and trying no caffeine. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: