Saturday, January 15, 2011

Beer & CheeseSteaks


Yesterday, I worked from home because we got a new oven! Our old one needed to be replaced and I finally asked the Property Mgmt for a new one. This one works much better & is updated.

When Erik got home from work, we went out for drinks and dinner in the Lower Haight. First up, we went to Toronado. Toronado is a pretty well known bar in SF, and possibly the country, because of it's many many beers on tap.Toronado is a no frills, cash only bar with two guys that look like ex-Hippies manning the bar. Their list to choose from is extensive. I had the Allagash White and the Franziskaner Hefewizen. Erik tried a Yerba Mate IPA and a Stout. Everything we had was great! The only downfall is this bar is really crowded and it's hard to get a seat. One other funny thing to note is that they have a beer called Edel Weisse on tap for all of you Sound of Music lovers! haha

After happy hour, we walked down the street to get dinner and stopped at Metro Caffe. They had amazingggg cheesesteaks. I had told Erik earlier in the week that I wanted a cheesesteak so that was a perfect place to stop. I had the chicken cheesesteak with mushrooms and onions. Erik had the turkey cheesesteak with onions & peppers.
After we had our fill, we headed home & attempted to watch a movie but we all know how that ends....all of us passed out on the couches. haha

1 comment:

Taralyn said...

The cheesesteaks look legit. I was prepared to give you a hard time for eating cheeseteaks in SF, but I won't. No doubt they're not as good as what I could get you here, if you ever visited!