Sunday, January 23, 2011

Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie

Tonight, I made a goooood dinner. I had this idea to take a twist on a the chicken pot pie by making it southwest style.

Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 White Onion
2 Chicken Breasts
1/2 a cup of frozen corn
Cumin
Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 a cup of brown rice
A can of SW Chicken Soup
3/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Pie Crust

How To:
First, I cut up the peppers & onions and cooked them in a pan on the stove. I also added the frozen corn and cooked everything together. While I did this, I also cooked the chicken in the oven.

I rolled out one pie crust and placed it in the pie dish while the veggies & chicken cooked.


I also got the cheese & the soup ready:


Once the chicken was done, I cut up the chicken and placed the veggies & chicken in the pie plate.

I added the Cumin & Red pepper flakes to the mix, as well as the rice & cheese. Once the everything was in the pie plate, I poured the can of soup into the mixture and used a wooden spoon to mix everything together.


Then, I placed the other pie crust on top of the mix.

I dabbed milk on the top of the crust to make it nice & flaky. After cooking on 350 for about 45min, it was done!

This was deeeeelish. I cannot wait for leftovers for lunch tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Moonlady said...

wow ! I am so impressed with culinary skills of both you and Erik.