Monday, January 17, 2011

MLK Day

Today, we were off from work for MLK Day. Did you know that observing MLK Day only started 25 years ago? That seems so crazy to me.

This morning, I just chilled at home with Evie. I went to the store to do some more errands and got a manicure.

I made a yummy dinner for us tonight - Chicken & Biscuits. The recipe was good and the dinner was good - just not amazing. Plus, it took awhile to make and was sort of complicated. It was a hearty meal though & we definitely have leftovers for lunch this week!



I also had Bingo tonight & let me tell you, it was the most rowdy Bingo yet. One lady showed up JUST as we were starting and everyone else got mad. Then, one lady apparently didn't put her hearing aids in because she could not hear ANYTHING. She moved her seat right next to me and still couldn't hear what I was saying. So, everyone got mad at her and was yelling at her. I felt bad for her but I guess she should put those hearing aids in next time! I can imagine these ladies telling her she can't come unless they are in!

Anyway, in honor of those crazy Bingo ladies - I thought this MLK quote fit for today...
Everybody can be great. Because anybody can serve. You don't have to have a college degree to serve. You don't have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve.... You don't have to know the second theory of thermodynamics in physics to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: