Saturday, January 15, 2011

Movie Review: The Kids Are Alright


We watched the movie, The Kids Are All Right on Friday night(and finished it Sat AM). I heard this movie got good reviews but I just didn't care for it. Julianne Moore was really ditzy & annoying in her part and I thought the movie was boring. It was sort of a story that has been done before except the married couple was two women.

The film is about two women(Nic & Jules) who choose a donor to have kids. The kids(Joni & Laser) are curious about who their donor is and end up meeting, Paul. Paul becomes a part of their lives and of course, complicates things. They all now have to form (or struggle to) their own relationship with Paul.

The best part about this movie was Mark Ruffalo. I love him! He is so cute and I've seen him play so many different parts.


I thought this movie would offer more than it did. Plus, there was no closure or payoff in the end. While it was nice to see a film that finally has two women & a family that is a reflection of how a lot of families are now structured, I would pass on this one.

No comments: