Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sweatin' for Sammy


On Saturday AM, we ran a 5K. We wanted to run on Saturday & of course, it was all of the way down in San Jose. San Jose is farther than we thought. Oops. Oh well, we were still able to run it when we arrived. Also, turns out it was a TRAIL RUN. Trail Runs are hard courses, on dirt/grass, and this course was ALL hills. Weirdest race course ever.

We ran the Sweatin' for Sammy 5K which was a fundraiser for a little girl. The raced raised enough money for her to have her therapy, which is awesome!

Here is Erik running the race!

The finish line was UP a hill. Not cool!
Erik came in 5th in his age group!

Here I am finishing the race!
I came in 8th in my age group!

Here we are with Evie. She waited for us to finish the race & then came out to play.


Evie was so distracted, I lovingly held her face for the picture. haha

Here we are in our shirts from FANNEtastic Food!



After the race, we went home to shower. Then, we had a late brunch at Pork Store Cafe. Sounds like a gross name for a restaurant but it was Delish!! After lunch, Kimmy & I went to get a mani/pedi which was awesome!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

AH! I'm Sammy's mom! I just came across your blog -- and THANK YOU for coming down for the 5K. Seriously, the trail was KILLER! We had 6 weeks to pull this thing off and it was the ONLY trail we could get. My friends are already planning Sweatin' for Sammy 2012, and they have a much more "normal" course (paved, non-heart-attack-inducing trail!!!) reserved. Again...thanks for coming down. It really means a lot to us.