Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend

I was very happy when Friday rolled around. It was a busy week & I was ready to relax. On Friday, I met Tiffany & Brett out in North Beach for a beer. They were in the city for a friends birthday party so it was fun to meet up with them. We went to bars that I have seen/walked past a hundred times but have never been to: Vesuvio & Kell's.


Vesuvio is an old hangout of author, Jack Kerouac. It is right next to City Lights Bookstore, an equally famous bookstore in SF. This bar was cool - it was "very SF" in that it was kind of an old bar, small, cash only, and had a chill vibe.
Link
Kell's was pretty fun & they had a U2 cover band, as well. I've heard that this place can get crazy and that the basement is like a frat party. We stayed out of the basement and the upstairs was not crowded at all. It was fun to see those guys and kick-off the weekend.

On Saturday, Erik did something fun with his friend Andrew. They made a Paipo aka a body board, for us common folk.

Andrew's dog was the assistant

Using a board as a pattern

Nice sweatshirt....Shout out to CT!!

Unfortunately on Saturday, the cold I was starting to feel kicked in. Boooo! I have not been sick in sooooooo long!

No comments: