Sunday, May 15, 2011

Murphy's Law


I've decided that I want to try to get Evie to camp once a week, during the week. This will require us to get up a little early and drive down to camp. I've decided to do this since it's easier to drive to my new office, parking is cheaper, plus if I stay past a certain hour, work will pay for the parking. Evie will get out of the house and get to play!

So, last week, I drove her down to camp and the traffic was horrendous. I thought, this seems a little much for 7am traffic. Turns out, there was a equally horrendous accident.

The day I chose to bring Evie to camp was also a day I had to be at work at 830 for an internal meeting. I had planned the dropoff and return time so that I would be at the office before 830. Well, that did not happen!

Thankfully, I got Evie to camp and could take a different route to work and was only late by 15 min. Plus, I was able to call work and let them know so everything was fine. It just goes to show no matter how much planning ahead you do, sometimes things happen that you cannot control!

No comments: