Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Anne Frank


I finished Anne Frank....what a good book. I cannot imagine reading this as a 6th grader or something. Anne is only 13 when she enters the Annex with her family & goes into hiding. She keeps her diary to talk about all of the problems/issues/concerns/hopes & dreams into her diary. She is very grown up for her age. I knew her fate before starting the book but throughout the book, I really did hope she escaped somehow so she could live out her life she dreamed of.

The Holocaust was a sick event in history. I have never seen Schindler's List because I would be a crying mess. I could also probably never visit the Holocaust Museum because I would be crying from the second I walked in.

I am now interested in reading a biography of Hitler to find out about this crazy person.

2 comments:

KMV said...

Schindler's List is incredibly sad. I had to watch it in some class. Or at least parts of it. It is sick, disgusting and disturbing that people let that happen.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I remember reading this book. It made a huge impact on me as a teen. My 12 year old is readin it now. One of the train cars(I am sure a replica)that carried the victims to the camps was at my 15yr olds school last week. The teacher had the entire class in there and then made the 30 of them get really compact so they could get a feeling of how bad it was...
Such a horrible piece of history. That hitler was/is Satan in my eyes.