Saturday, September 20, 2008

Haley

Evie has a new friend in the park, Haley. She is a pit/Weimeriner(sp?) and she looks like this:


She is very sweet & cute. She loves to RUN. The other day, Evie and Haley played with Evie's new orange ball. I let Evie run with her leash hanging so she could keep up with Haley. It was fun. She was snorting.

Did you know that more and more people are naming their dogs 'people' names? I once read that since people are delaying having children, they get pets & name them human names to take the place of the kid. Hmmm. Evie is human like. Haley, yes. Maybelle, yes(although strange).

Do you ever really hear of dogs named Bubbles or Spot, anymore? I don't.

Here is an article about it, here. One quote: "That's been the trend for about 15 years, because nowadays pets are members of the family," said Lynn Spivak, who has worked as a San Francisco pet advocate for nearly two decades.

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Cute dog. Love the name too.
I sometimes wonder about people naming their dogs/cats human names too...I suppose it is like a member of the family. But I am almost embarrassed sometimes when I hear a pet name and it is a name of someone in my family. ;)
Evie is a great name, and not really common. You get a green light and a gold star. ;)