Tuesday, June 29, 2010

BINGO was his name-o

I started my new volunteer duty last night. Every other Monday, I will be calling Bingo for a group of seniors at a housing center near our house. I love having a little volunteering regularly. I haven't found something since my days at PAWS in CT. This is going to be easy, mellow, & fun!

I found the opportunity through our neighborhood newsletter that I get. The women who attend Bingo are Russian. They emigrated from Russia years ago and all live together in this complex. They don't know a lot of English but they do know their numbers! They were very welcoming & they said I did a good job. So, that is promising.

The program director told me they can be finicky, particular, and like things a certain way. I guess I called the numbers properly for them! They also gave me some desserts which was nice.

So, you can find me every other Monday at the Bingo hall with the Russian ladies!

No comments: