Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rebuilding Week: Day 5

Saturday was our last day together. We were done building & had toured the area. We had made some wonderful friendships that will last beyond a week together in Louisiana. We packed up our home for the week and headed back to the French Quarter.

We visited the French Market again, got more beignets, and spent the morning together. I had a stomachache all morning which meant I knew I was going to cry. Before we left for this trip, we joked that we had no idea what to expect. We were staying in a church - were we going to Bible camp? Would we have to pray every day? Would we be like the Girl Scout Troop in Troop Beverly Hills? Turned out that it was nothing like we expected and it was more than we could have hoped for.


Me, Beth, Amy, Mike, and Lisa
Lisa, Beth, Amy & I said we were soul sisters. We felt like we were meant to meet each other. They were just such good people and ironically, we had so much in common with them. When I looked at Beth to say good bye, I just burst into tears. She thanked me for being a bright spot in her week and we said how great it was that we found each other. I know it might seem crazy, but it was truly genuine.

(Me & G - she truly will change the world some day even though she is only 19!)

Thank goodness for Facebook, email, and the phone! We will all keep in touch for sure. Thankfully, there are 5 of us in SF who are getting together tonight!! Maybe we will plan a trip like this next year. All I know is that I am so grateful, thankful to have gone on this trip and will treasure it forever.

No comments: