Sunday, June 6, 2010

A stroll & movie review

On Friday, I got off of work at 330. I came home, did some chores & took Evie for a walk. We have been taking a new route where we just turn where we feel like it and have found a lot of new places!


We walked up this huge hill that is so steep it needs steps!

We walked past a school with this great art on the building.

It has this mural on the side wall


Looks like these kids know how to give out good advice


Evie chillin on the sidewalk. I tried to capture her sitting on a really slanted street but...it didn't work out so well.

We cut through Buena Vista park on the way home. You can see downtown from the park. The fog was already sitting on top of the buildings.

Friday night, we saw Sex & the City 2 for our monthly movie night. I did not like it.


The ladies are all married (except Samantha). Carrie is struggling with being married. Charlotte is struggling w/ kids. Miranda is struggling w/ work. And Samantha is struggling with....menopause. This is a far cry from when the series first started!! The movie was really long & kind of boring. They took a trip to Abu Dhabi. I felt like I was watching the travel channel most of the movie. It also had a lot of placed jokes. It felt like everyone was playing their roles, just over exaggerated. Plus, I thought that it sort of made fun of Arab culture. They couldn't get over the robes/masks that the Arab women wore and disrespected the culture by wearing sleeveless stuff in public.

Overall, it was ok to watch but I could've rented it & have been fine.

No comments: