Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer Reading

Evie got her stitches out yesterday. The Vet Tech took her in the back to remove them & she came bolting back to the waiting room to me when she was done. What a baby. She is licking the area though. I bandaged it yesterday so she would stop. It is definitely a closed cut but I don't want her licking it raw. Now we have to watch her. She might need to wear the cone when we are not home which she will HATE.

Anyone watching Bachelorette? I like Ali but it's so boring right now. I like when it's top 5 guys or something & the drama starts. I'm on a One TV Show per night rule. Otherwise, I will just watch everything on the DVR. I had a goal back in January to read like 20 books this year and I am on like book #2. A big piece of my reading time is gone since I don't ride the bus 2x per day. Right now, I am reading Empire Falls by Richard Russo. Fun Fact - we went to college with his daughter.

When we were in NOLA, I bought a few used books at the French Market. Now, I want to find a used book store here in SF. Seems like a good compromise from going to the library or buying on half.com. There are SO many books I want to read:

The Help
Snow Angels
Three Cups of Tea
Kite Runner
Sarah's Key
My Antonia
Sarah's Key
Those Who Saved Us
Glass Castle
Beloved
Color Purple
The Reader
Poisonwood Bible
Thousand Splendid Suns
House at Riverton
Forgotten Garden
Beyond the White House
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Girl who kicked the hornets next
Girl who played with fire
Mennonite in a little black dress
Heart of the Matter

That should get me to my goal of 25 books this year! If you have any, will you share with me? If you have any other recommendations, please let me know!

2 comments:

Moonlady said...

I have an idea --- why don't you start a used book store online ???

Taralyn said...

I just read the Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom. It was really good.