Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday

Last night, Erik had hockey at 8pm so I went to the game. Afterwards, we went out to their team bar for a drink. They tied the game. Tonight, I am definitely staying IN. I feel like it's summer time and party time and have been going out a lot. I'm going to do laundry tonight & get back on track. But, tomorrow is another client happy hour! Then, 4th of July weekend! Woohoo.

We have a few fun things planned for 4th of July weekend. I hope it's nice weather!

There is drama going on at work. A few mos back, we hired a guy who a)the clients didn't love and b)my boss felt skeptical about. But, our other boss liked him and thought he would be good for the team. I said to that boss - if the clients don't like him, they will find a way to get rid of him in 3 mos. It's been 4. He's leaving. This client is soooo finicky. They like who they like & that's it. He doesn't fit with the team. He is akward. He stares. He doesn't listen that well & asks them questions that they just answered. They get annoyed at him. It makes the meeting akward. Once again, when you feel it in your gut that something is not right - act on it. We never should've brought him onto the team.

Luckily, my friend Lauren is coming back to SF and we are going to bring her back to replace him. Woohoo. The three of us work really well together so it will be fun. Plus, I get a friend back at work. We all know how I feel about having no friends at work.

So this week is super busy because we have some crazy deadlines for a project that is happening at a fast pace. I am excited for the weekend!

No comments: