Sunday, June 6, 2010

Saturday

It was so beautiful here in SF on Saturday. It was warm out & sunny. I was able to wear shorts out and no jacket, which I love.


We first took Evie for a walk. On our travels, we found this little school play ground next to some tennis courts. The courts are just there in the middle of the neighborhood. I wish we lived next door! There is a playground and a big grassy area. We had to try out the swings. When was the last time you were on swings? They were so much fun.








I definitely remember spending my summer on my swingset. Jumping off. Seeing who could go highest. Remember when you got going so fast & high that the swingset would jump. Ahhh the good old days.

After lunch, we went up to the marina area to hit up the Union Street Festival. First, we stopped off in the Presidio. We wanted to find the Yoda fountain. Yoda sits in front of Lucas Studios, which are housed in the Presidio.We looked into the lobby & there are a lot of Star Wars figurines, etc. He's so cute!








The Presidio is so pretty. Old buildings, well manicured lawns ,and different statues.

I love exploring new areas of the city. It feels like we are visiting some place new!





(Inventor of the TV)




Then, we went to the festival. It was packed. They had some great vendors though & good food. SF food at festivals is very different from what we are used to. There are no hamburgers or hot dogs. There are tacos, Indian food, noodle bowls, garlic fries, & grilled artichokes. It's pretty funny but we're getting used to it. We were hoping to see fried dough and we found it!

I think NOLA is following me!!



After the fair, we went home and had pizza for dinner.

We tried some of Erik's home brew. It was good!! He is going to unveil it officially next week, I think.

I think I fell asleep around 930 or so. hah.

No comments: