Saturday, July 27, 2013

Habitat for Humanity

On Friday, my entire company had the day off so that we could spend the day volunteering. We have many offices across the country and each office chose their own non-profit to work with. My office chose Habitat for Humanity and we worked on a site in Oakland. 


Oh yeah, here I am all suited up. I had to cut siding for a house, get on scaffolding, and hang it. It was an all day job and we were SO tired at the end of the day. 

Here is the site we were on. We were at the 2nd story windows hanging siding!



The finished project. We were climbing in and out of that window all day onto the scaffolding. 

Here's a shot of all of the name tags of volunteers that have helped with this build site. It was a fun day! I love doing Habitat. You learn some skills you may or may not use again but you can see actual results at the end of the day. It was great walking up to a blank wall and leaving with the siding hung. 

I was so tired at the end of the day. I came home, walked Evie, showered, and laid on the couch. We had dinner and I think I probably fell asleep at 9pm! Oh well, it was a good day!




No comments: