Monday, September 1, 2008

Running Issues

Ok everyone. So, I could hardly sleep on Saturday. I woke up every hour and was thinking, don't do that run on Sunday. I dont want to run. What am I going to do. I finally got up at 730am and called my friend Jessica. She said that maybe I was overwhelmed with just joining this run team and having done 3 miles on Tues and forcing myself to do 6 miles on Sun was too much.

She said just b/c the team is running 6, maybe I should do it on my own so I am not a worried mess. Literally, I had a stomachache. I dont know what my problem was. I never felt this way with TNT. Maybe it was because I started with them from Mile 1 and this team is already on week 4.

So, I went out today to do 6 miles. It was nice & warm and sunny. I got to 2 miles and walked a little. It was hot. Like 85 hot. My back was tightening up and my hips and my feet were aching. I stopped to stretch. If this is how it feels at 6miles, I really really do not know how I am going to get through 13. At this point in my TNT training, I started going to the chiropractor 3x a week. I really just don't think my body is built to stand up to long distances. I would MUCH rather run 5Ks and 10Ks. Its nice, short, quick achievements.

I have always liked to do things with quick results. Even when it comes to crafts, I scrapbook to see immediate results instead of knitting or sewing. It's because I have zero patience when it comes to anything.

So at this point, I dont want to run this race. I will give my registration to Erik and go down to support my friends Bailey & Erin. I think that running is supposed to be fun and I am not having fun. What would you do if you were me?

Oh and when I run for long distances, my hands swell. My fingers get fat.

No comments: