Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book Review

Well, I finished Beautiful Boy. I cannot recommend this enough. It was a great book chronicling a father's life with his drug addict son. It is very sad, hard to imagine going through, and hopeful. It gave a glimpse into the life of a drug addict and how they feel, why they do what they do, and how it affects everyone around them. In fact, the father really was addicted to the son's addiction - always worrying, thinking, praying, etc.

If you are looking for a good book, pick this up.

We went to the library on Saturday and I got another biography about a meth addict called 'Leaving Dirty Jersey.' I also got another biography called Mississippi Sissy which has been on my list forever. At the last minute, I also picked up 'Last Lecture' by Randy Pausch. I posted about him and his lecture months ago. It was such a great speech, I know it will be a great book.

Ironically, here is a great quote from Randy that sort of applies to Beautiful Boy:

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, only how we play the hand" - Randy Pausch

No comments: