Saturday, January 31, 2009

Ruffles

Have you seen that show, RealSimple Real Life. I love it. The Real Simple team goes to a woman's house and helps her out. They help her dress better, organize or re-do a room or two, help with her with time management and finances. The host is Kit Hoover. Kit is so cute & wears cute, ruffly, feminine outfits. I love her clothes.

So watching the show & Kit makes me think about how I can update my style like hers. And, I realized - It's so simple. She wears a lot of cute blouses with belts. She wears cardigans, jeans, and flats. Well, if you remember - my uniform is short sleeves, cardigan, pants, flats. All I need to do is get some accessories!

So, here's Kit - The Inspiration. Then, I found some cute shirts on Forever 21. But you can see the purple cardigan(have), black top(have), silver flats(have)....so all I need to update the outfit is a belt. Forever 21 has belts for under $10.

Times are tough & the economy sucks. This is such an easy way to update your wardrobe pretty cheaply. I have seen this tip in many magazines but never really thought much about it. Anyway, you can get cheap accessories at Claire's(no one will know its not real silver or pearls!) and cute shoes at Target($20 flats!). So, this spring, I will not be stressing about wanting to buy the new styles. I am seriously going to just update my current clothes! Thank you Kit Hoover for the inspiration.

1 comment:

KMV said...

Kit was on the very first Road Rules