Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dirty Jersey

I am reading that book Leaving Dirty Jersey and I have to say - it is NOT nearly as good as Beautiful Boy. It is more like a day by day detailed life of this 19 year old kid who just does drugs, steals, sells drugs, etc. It's sad & gross. I don't want to know the ins & outs of drug life. He is hanging out with people who have like 8 year old kids asleep while they get high in the living room. Gross.

I think I might just stop reading this book and move on....So, I don't recommend this one.

2 comments:

Taralyn said...

Have you ready A Million Little Pieces by James Frey? I know he got into a ton of trouble cause it wasn't completely factual but that was a good book and since that's your current hot topic, thought I'd suggest it.
Also, I'm currently reading Into the Wild by John Krakauer. It's non-fiction as well about this kid who gets rid of all his worldy possessions and goes...Into the Wild. It's amazing. You should also check out that movie. So good. And the soundtrack is all Eddie Vedder. It's my current obsession!

Heather M said...

No I never read that Frey book esp after he got in trouble. I dont want to hear about his nitty gritty drug stuff though. It grosses me out...

Ive seen Into the Wild. It was good!