This is totally not my photo but it is from Skinnytaste, a blog I have been getting a lot of recipes from. They are healthy and easy to make.
- 4-5 cups of canned pumpkin
- 1 tbsp butter (olive oil for dairy-free)
- 3/4 cup shallots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth (vegetarians can use vegetable stock)
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Add butter to a large pot or Dutch oven, on medium heat; add shallots and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add pumpkin and broth to the pot, along with sage, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes.
Blend in a blender or immersion blender and blend the soup until smooth.
We also watched Walking Dead and Halloween (from the 70's). I wish we lived in a neighborhood with houses so we could give out candy. I saw a few kids in costumes who looked so cute including a Wolverine on BART who got some candy from people!