Saturday, August 23, 2008

Running Alone

Erik and I went for a run today. My goal was 6 miles. I didn't feel good from the get go. I wondered how much of it was mental. Erik clearly runs a lot faster than me so we start off together & then he's gone. Even if I run with Bailey, she is faster than me.

I realized - I don't like working out alone. I have zero drive & will not push myself. That's why the only reason I go to the gym is to go to classes. The only way I ran a half-marathon was with TNT. I emailed Fleet Feet to see if there is anyway I can get in on their training program. It started a few weeks ago but they have a coach & runs 3x week. That is exactly what I need.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hate running alone too...
By the way, have you tired running skirts yet?? I have two and I LOVE them. Much better than spandex shorts.