Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Running

OK so I am getting serious (for real) about training for this Half b/c it is like 6 weeks away and I have not been running. I emailed my TNT coach and was like - Lets get serious here. Can I really run a Half in 6 weeks and he said Yes. He said, get out there and run and do it. Just do it.

In college, I had a saying - The saying came out when you had like 24 hours to do a paper. The saying is 'No gettin' around this one'. Its like the end of the line. Its go time. Its no turning back. And really, there's no gettin' around this one. I told Bailey & Erin & Erik I would do the Half so I am doing it.

Anyway, I ran tonight - just to get out there. I felt crappy. My calves and ankles and feet hurt. My calves and ankles were tight. My feet ached. I think my feet ache bc all I wear is flats. I hope this flats thing doesnt backfire on me. Also my left shoulder is acting up again. Maybe I just have to get the kinks out. I always feel better like 2 miles in....I'll keep trying b/c there's no gettin' around this one.

No comments: