Monday, November 3, 2008

Mouthguard

I have to get this expensive mouth guard because I grind my teeth at night. Basically, when you grind your teeth at night, it is putting 200X the normal pressure on your teeth. Your gums can't handle it so they start to receed. I have a few teeth that are already doing that - awesome.

So, I sucked it up, am going to pay this big bill and just get the mouthguard. I went today to get fit for it. They have to put wax on your teeth, then this big football type mouthguard you bite down on. Finally, they put trays of play-doh type stuff in my mouth. gross.

I got a little nervous when the top tray didn't come off my teeth on the first pull. Of course, my mind raced to - what if this thing is stuck in my mouth & they have to get a chisel to get it off. But, on the 2nd take, it came off.

In 3 weeks, I will be the lucky owner of a new mouthguard to wear to bed.

No comments: