Sunday, September 9, 2012

10 Mile Saturday




On Saturday, we started off the day with a ten mile run with our team. It was one HARD run. We started at Ocean Beach, up into Land's End, UP even further through Seacliff neighborhood, and back down to the beach. Then, we continued UP into GG Park where we finally turned around to go back to the beach. WHEW!! This is definitely great training for the NIKE course because we WILL encounter some hills.
Another beautiful run
Overall, we both felt pretty good during the run. I tried out a "Stinger Waffle" at about an hour into the run. I was starting to get hungry and was so grateful to have that on me. So delish & easy to eat = will be eating those on race day.

Honey Stinger Waffles


I was running through the park thinking we had to go to a certain point but that was for the people running 11 miles. Imagine my surprise and DELIGHT when I saw this 10 mile turnaround!! I basically skipped back to the finish line. haha. Erik has been having some calf pain but he felt good during the run too.

After the run, I had to get home to get ready for my friend Sarah's wedding shower. It was held at her friends beautiful apartment. It was nice to meet more of her friends & family. Can't wait for the wedding this fall!!


After the shower, I came home and took a nap! I was so tired from that run. Erik went and got a massage so we both had relaxing afternoons. 

We both  had a lounging evening. Erik made us a delicious dinner and we fell asleep early. Full Saturday!

No comments: