Friday, September 28, 2012

The Culprit

Well, I went to the foot MD yesterday and the doctor immediately was like, your running shoes do not fit you. Well, of course I did not believe her because my shoes fit and size smaller was too tight. I've been wearing the Asics 21 line for about five years now and they fit.

ASICS Women's GT-2170 Running Shoe - Dick's Sporting Goods

Asics made a big mistake with the 2170 model. Apparently, they changed the cut of the shoe. She explained to me that my foot is shaped like an inverted triangle (wider at the toe box, narrow at the heel) but the 2170 is cut like one long rectangle! Therefore, when I get up to mile 10, my foot swells, and can't go anywhere. It's like my foot is in a vice then cue the numbness that follows. Aha!

My foot doctor here is awesome and does something cool with Zappos. They picked out a few pairs of shoes that they think would be a better fit for me. I ordered them, they will arrive at their office, and on Monday, I will go back in. I will run on the treadmill at their office & they will pick the best shoe. How awesome.

I really hope this is the ONLY problem to the weird foot pain. Agree my hip is weak but hoping it's not causing the numbness. Yippeeeee!!

In other news, the weather here has been crappy. In the AM before work and right after work, it is foggy and wet. This AM, it felt like it was raining. After work, it is so foggy and windy! Last night, I had to wear my WINTER ear wrap to run :-(



Only about 2 weeks until race day!





No comments: