Friday, October 4, 2013

Go Bears!


Well, I'm officially a Golden Bear! Nope, I'm not going back to school but I am going to start teaching gymnastics at the Cal Rec Center. The Rec Center on campus teaches various classes to all levels of kids. I get the Cal Rec Ctr. email each week and saw they needed teachers so I signed up!

The Director wanted me there EVERY Saturday AM to coach my own classes but I really thought about that. After thinking that one through, I realized that I would start to dread going there every Saturday. I would have to go when I had visitors, couldn't make any Sat AM plans, etc. 

So, I'm just going to be a floater. I will sub for people and go in on my time. I will help out the gym by being there to help out and also get a chance to be involved with gymnastics. 

Additionally, I am now an official state worker! I had to go get some finger printing done for background check since I will be working with kids. I went on campus to the PD today. I walked past the pool and there were a ton of people watching a meet. I heard the Announcer introduce Olympian Missy Franklin! 

Campus is SO big compared to Dickinson. It is a pretty campus and school for sure. 


No comments: