On Saturday, I went to the Cal Rec Center for my first day helping at the gymnastics gym. I didn't actually help coach anything though. I really just watched what was going on and took attendance at each class. There was about 6 classes going on at once every hour. The names of the classes are so cute - Bear Cub1 , Bear Cub 2, Hot Tots...While I was at the gym, Erik went down to the beach to surf.
I got this FREE shirt which is cool. I helped out from 9-1 and then walked home through campus. It's about a mile walk and it was a warm, sunny day so it was a nice stroll.
Evie and I did some of this when I got home.
We also watched this on Netflix. We've seen the first three and the fourth was pretty much the same format. These movies are so suspenseful and the end leaves it open for another movie.
For dinner, I made chicken tortilla soup
Such an easy recipe and so good!
A super delicious and hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 15 oz can corn
- 1 1/2 15 oz diced tomatoes drained
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- monterey jack cheese, shredded
- corn tortillas for chip topping we cut and fried corn tortillas
- avocados cubed
- Cook and shred (or cube) chicken.
- Add all the ingredients, except the cheese, corn tortilla strips and avocados to your crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
- Add cheese just before serving.
- To make this soup extra delicious, add some crunchy tortilla strips. Slice up corn tortillas with a pizza cutter. Flash Fry in hot oil and sprinkle on top of your soup. Add cubed avocados too!