Friday, September 17, 2010

This Week

Well, after landing late on Sunday, I went back to work at normal time on Monday. I surprisingly was not that tired. I did not go food shopping until Wednesday though so Tuesday night, Erik and I got Little Chihuahua which is always great! Needless to say that when I went shopping on Wednesday, I went a little crazy stocking up on food since our kitchen was bare!

Anyway, last night, I made Chicken Picatta for Betsy & I. It is the Barefoot Contessa recipe & you can get it here. It was yummy! I also tried to make garlic mashed potatoes but so much garlic in that my tongue was burning. haha. Oh well, it was still a good dinner!

I also found a hummus that I finally like. I have tried many different flavors of hummus and just love this one - Spicy Three Pepper by Athenos. So delish!


In other news, I wanted to tell you about a manicure I got last week - a shellac manicure. This is supposed to last 2-3 weeks! The paint is special nail polish & the manicurist has you try your hands under UV light after each coat. There is no additional dry time, no chips, no smudges. It's awesome!! It is more expensive than a regular manicure. Here are my nails after 8 days:



I did chip two nails so far, on my other hand. One is because I picked it; I admit it. The other was because I wacked my hand on a door in a weird way. Otherwise, I'm really happy. You can find a salon that does Shellac manicures in your area, here.

Tonight, I am planning on going home to relax. I have a ton of laundry to do and just want to chill at home with Evie. Tomorrow, we are going Apple Picking!! We are going to go to the same place as last year plus, go to On the Border!!

No comments: