Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Yummy Wednesday


Ned's TravelBurger


Wednesday was another great day. Today at lunch, Ned's food truck came to the office. I tried their veggie burger which was...just ok. The truck was really disorganized in terms of fulfilling orders and their food was just OK. We are definitely spoiled in the Bay Area of having tons of food trucks to pick from at any given time of the day.

After work, I tried to go for a run again. I am so not used to being out in the heat. It was more of a run/walk that seemed to take forever. 

For dinner, I was on my own and decided to venture out. I looked up any places in the area that were on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives since I watch that show all the time. I found a place called The Fly Trap




 If you can believe it, I have never gone to a restaurant alone. I never have any reason to and when I travel, I'm usually with people. So, I was excited to go out on my own. I had this idea in my head of sitting at the counter, like Lorelai at Luke's Diner. I would chat with the staff or the people next to me. It was going to be great. 

I did sit at the counter but was the only one. The staff was two college aged kids who wanted that restaurant cleared out so they could go home. Oh well! I was happy I tried a new place and didn't just stay at the hotel.

For dinner, I had a salad with black beans, veggies, cheese, tortilla strips, etc. Not really "diner" food but that was what looked good & it was good. They had a really good breakfast menu so I bet this place is packed on the weekends.

It was a pretty good Wednesday! Tomorrow is my last day in Michigan and I head home tomorrow. 

No comments: