Thursday, July 1, 2010

Order in the Court

Today, I had to attend jury duty. I have never been called before! I went down to the courthouse, checked in & sat down to wait. We had to watch a video on "What it's like to be a juror". Then, this woman came in to tell us what was going on. She said that we were all needed to be on a case. She then explained to us how we either volunteer to be on the case or try to be excused from it.

This case is running from 7/6 to 7/29! My job only reimburses us for 5 days of jury duty. So, I would have to take the possible next 11 days as vacation or unpaid. THAT is not going to happen. So, I just filled out the form to say that it would be a financial hardship for me to serve on the jury. The majority of these people did the same thing so that we could be excused from the case. Luckily, about 15 people were able to serve so hopefully they can get their 12 jurors out of the group.

Anyway, I was out by approx 1030 and got to come home. I have to start working soon though. Grrrrr.

1 comment:

Moonlady said...

I just went thru the same thing - luckily I have someone at he court and she got me excused -- I cannot be on a jury because I would not get paid ---