Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve was also my Mom's birthday! My Mom, Sister, and I went to get our nails done together and  went to lunch. We went to lunch at Jeffrey's.The food was pretty good but it was pretty quiet in the restaurant. I had the Grilled chicken pannini with Tuscan vegetables, Portobello mushrooms, prosciutto, spinach and mozzarella with tomato chutney spread and balsamic drizzle. 
This photo of Jeffrey's is courtesy of TripAdvisor
After lunch, we all went our separate ways for Christmas Eve dinner. First, I went to church with my Grandparents for Christmas Eve mass. I haven't been to church with them in years, but grew up going with them when we were younger. It was nice to go with them again. The Priest has changed over the years and this year, they had a guest Priest from Africa. It was pretty interesting to hear him speak and he told a story about what Christmas and church was like in Africa. 

After church, I headed to dinner with Erik's family. Ironically, we went to...Jeffrey's! Yes, the same place I went for lunch. haha. I have never been to this restaurant before and then I went twice in one day. 
Photos of Jeffrey's, Milford
This photo of Jeffrey's is courtesy of TripAdvisor
The food at dinner was wonderful! I had delicious dinner of Herb dusted and pan seared scallops with grilled mango, braised cherry tomatoes and passion fruit buerre blanc. So delicious & a great portion!

After dinner, we went back to the Luna's for more wine and games. Jaime taught us how to play Texas Hold'Em poker which was fun until I was so tired I went to sleep on the couch. While I passed out, Erik, his brother, and his Dad played Dominos. 

Next up, Christmas Day!

No comments: