Friday, December 3, 2010

Cookie Press FAIL



A few months ago, I got a cookie press. I thought this thing would be super easy to use. I was WRONG. I could not get this thing to work. I even went on YouTube and watched videos of how to work this. It seems very simple. I cannot get any cookie to come out. I might try again.

One of the issues I have is that the disc that pushes the dough, has a slit in it. Is that what it is supposed to look like?? The metal pusher keeps pushing right through the disc so its just slipping thru the dough & not pushing anything! GRRRR.

Well, I made some yummy dough. I used the Real Simple Sugar Cookie recipe and it came out GREAT. I think I may just roll out this dough & use my new Mickey cookie cutters that I got in DisneyLand.




Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for shaping the cookies
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the vanilla.
  3. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated (the dough will be stiff). Shape into a disk and (unless otherwise specified in an individual recipe) refrigerate, wrapped, for at least 1 hour and up to 3 days.
  4. Make cookies according to directions in the 10 Ideas For Sugar Cookie Dough collection. Alternately, make cutout cookies by doing the following: Heat oven to 350° F. On a floured surface, roll out each disk ¼ inch thick. Cut into shapes and place on parchment-lined baking sheets; refrigerate until firm. Sprinkle with decorating sugar, if using, and bake until just beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
  5. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.

Anyone have any tips on using this cookie press? I think the solution is to buy an electric one! haha

No comments: