Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Did you know?

So to wrap up the vacation week, here are some more tidbits. One HUGE thing I didn't know about the coast of Southern California is that we have oil rigs in the ocean digging for oil. They are not only in the water but scattered throughout So Cal. It was very strange to see. We asked each other if we were in Iraq. haha.

Here is an oil rig that is only one block from downtown Huntington Beach. Just fenced off so you can't really see it.

This cute little island off the coast of Long Beach houses oil rigs, as well.

Look at Evie sitting on the porch. She LOVED having a house to run around in. It really has us thinking that a bigger place would make her a little more calm.

We had a side/back yard that was fenced in which was wonderful. But, guess what, Evie didn't really like it! She is not used to being out by herself and when I put her outside, she stood by the door asking to come in! What a baby.

I really love southern CA. I love the weather down there. They don't get the fog that we do and they have warmth & sunshine!! They do also have to worry about mud slides & fires though. I loved Long Beach because it was suburban but a short drive from LA. I think that is what I am yearning for - to live close enough to a city but far enough out to have space & quiet. I've been saying that for a little while now....

Anyway, we had a really great time. I am so excited that we will be home in CT in only 3 weeks!!

No comments: