Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tempeh Stir Fry


Last night, I made a really good dinner. I was inspired by a recipe on FANNEtasticFood.com where Anne made a stirfry for her leftovers.

Here's how I made it:
  • 1 small bok choy
  • About 4-5 mushrooms
  • A red pepper
  • A yellow pepper
  • Tempeh
  • Brown Rice
Mixed all of the veggies in a pan. Fried the tempeh in a separate pan, then mixed it all together.

I put a little bit of Teriyaki sauce on the veggie mix in the pan. After mixing all of the veggies together, I placed it on top of brown rice. Then, a little bit of soy sauce once I mixed everything with the rice.

After last week's food & drink gluttony, I want to detox a little bit with no drinking & lots of veggies! Tempeh is so good, and a great alternative to meat. I am not really a tofu fan due to the texture but tempeh has the same healthy attributes with a better consistency. You can bake it, fry it, etc.

No comments: