Sunday, December 19, 2010

Locavores

On Saturday, it rained and rained. I headed downtown in the hopes of finishing up my Christmas shopping. It wasn't too crowded downtown & I was in and out. Although, I didn't finish finding one more gift!

After coming home, I did the laundry while Erik went surfing. Of course, I watched another Fa La La Lifetime movie. hah. At night, Betsy, Greg, Erik & I, stopped by this little local food fair that Erik had found online.



I think I was expecting more of a food festival but this was more of a couple of local vendors selling their foods. There was a bunch of different foods from jams, chocolates, pierogies, soups to pizzas. We tried a couple of yummy things!

Casey’s Pizza – Casey Crynes = Old New York Style Handcrafted Pizza
Let’s Get Pho’d Up – Liz Tran = Chicken Pho, Cafe Sua Da, Lemon Mint Soda
12/19 Natural Cookery; Cookery- Maggie Weber-Striplin & Kerry Allen = Vegan and Vegetarian Pierogies

We tried the pizza, Erik had the Chicken Pho, and I had sweet potato pierogies. All very good!

The food festival lasted until 9 and then we headed to Homestead for a drink. Apparently, it was their 'Holiday Party' night and they gave away free Tamale's from The Tamale Lady. They were super spicy!

Can't believe this is the last weekend before Christmas!!

No comments: