Sunday, December 12, 2010

In search of New York

I guess we are craving some NYC food because we attempted NY bagels AND pizza yesterday. First up, Erik made bagels yesterday. He has a book called 'The Bread Baker's Apprentice' and has been making some awesome breads out of it. He is boiling the bagels today so we will get to try them later on.



The Apprentice




I also had a coupon to Pizzera Avellino which claims they are 'Brooklyn Pizza'. I am convinced there is no good pizza out here but I keep trying new places hoping to find that taste I am looking for. The pizza back east has a thin crust, sweet sauce, & creamy cheese. Out here, the pizza is so bland.

This pizza was NOT New York pizza, sad to say. The crust was pretty good, but there was not a lot of sauce on the pizza. It was just OK. I guess I will just get my fix when I am home in approximately 1.5 weeks!! Yippeeeee!

No comments: