Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Baking

Yesterday, after work, I decided to make a yummy dessert I saw on another blog. I made Pumpkin Blondie Bars & they were delish! Get the recipe, here.

Gather supplies & get glass of wine to start making dessert

Eat butterscotch chips from the bag while mixing ingredients

Dump everything in the bowl

Have a baking assistant who stares at you intently waiting for a taste

Finally, a lick of Blondie mix for the assistant

Place mix in a pan, bake for 40 min, and ta-da

Very moist, chewy, & yummy!

Since I had half a can of pumpkin left, I whipped up some more pumpkin oatmeal muffins, too. As you may recall, I tried to make these last week but they never puffed up like real muffins. Erik's Mom suggested I try new baking powder & sure enough, that did the trick. This batch came out great. I also threw in some butterscotch chips to the muffins and they are deeelish!

Also last night, we tried to watch a Haunting in Connecticut but it was too scary. haha. Seriously, things were popping up in places- especially mirrors. It was too much for a Thursday night movie. haha

No comments: