Tonight, dinner was a Pinterest meal and it was great! I made sweet potato bean burgers with a side of garlic peas. They were easy to make but I will say they were very mushy when you are trying to get them from the mixture into the Panko. Here's the recipe:
Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
makes 7-8 large patties
2 cans cannellini white beans, drained
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple or agave syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning OR Cajun seasoning (or another fave spice!)
1/4 cup wheat flour
optional: additional seasoning (whatever you have on hand - I used a few
dashes cayenne, black pepper and a scoop of nutritional yeast)
salt to taste if needed
plentiful Panko crumbs
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, grain buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture
will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs - or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 Tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in Panko crumbs. Thick coating.
Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook
until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings.
Delicious, NEW recipe!