Tuesday, April 20, 2010

FOOD


I am trying to eat better & stop being a pig. AKA walking in the house and shoving chips & salsa in my mouth b/c I am starving. It takes time & energy to plan good snacks, & space them out so I'm not ravenous when I get home. I've been reading a lot of food blogs and they are inspiring to eat better, give good ideas, plus recipes!! My fave food blogs are:
Carrots & Cake, Eat, Live, Run, RecipeGirl, and FaAnnetastic Food (who we happen to have gone to college with!)

This week, I'm going to try out some new salads such as the Turkey Asian Salad and Avocado Pine Nut salad. I've also only been eating fish & ground turkey for awhile now. I am not feeling chicken lately. Even eating eggs has been freaking me out lately. Also, trying to eat more veggies. You can get more veggie servings in really easily by adding them to foods. For example, add strawberries to your yogurt. Banana to your oatmeal. Have a side of veggies with every meal. Add in veggies to your baked pasta or lasagna.

With my ground turkey burrito I had last night, I made sure to add in red peppers and had a side of roasted broccoli. This recipe is really yummy. I cant believe how expensive red peppers are. I got 2 for $4. Unreal. I think I might move to buying frozen cut up peppers which can be used for a few different dishes over a week or two for $2. Fresh veggies are expensive!

Ill let you know how the salad recipes turned out!

No comments: