Monday, September 16, 2013

Evie's New Food

Remember last week, I said the Vet wanted to put Evie on new food? I talked to her last week and she told me she wants Evie on a "limited ingredient diet" which means food with one protein and one carb. The other thing she said is that she wants them to be foods Evie hasn't been eating. Since her current food is chicken, this means no chicken.

She recommended the brand Wellness and I did some research. I found the line of Wellness "Simple" is for limited ingredient diets and had various proteins. Some that they offer are salmon, rabbit, whitefish, etc.

This is Evie's new food - salmon and potato. This weekend, we started giving her 75% of her old food, 25% of the new food. We will SLOWLY adjust that percentage over the next week or two to get her adjusted. Then, she will fully switch to the new food. Hopefully this helps her!

No comments: