Tuesday, September 10, 2013

MYOG and Sunday Tidbits

On Sunday, I decided to make some granola bars. I literally threw whatever we had into the Kitchen Aid and mixed it up to MYOG(make your own granola!). 


In the Granola: Honey, Oatmeal, Almond Butter, Sunflower Seeds, Dried Cherries, and dried granola(from TJ's)

Hmmm ok this is a little blurry but it came out really good. It did not hold together for granola BARS so it is just granola. We scarfed this in about two days and I made another batch on Monday!

This, my friends, is how long it took me to hustle 1.43 miles. 17 minutes!! I ran the full mile and then ran/walked the last .43. Do you remember we ran the Nike Half Marathon back in October?! Well, that is truly the last time I was running consistently. I tried to come back but never got consistent with it. It's really, really, really hard to get back into running. The only way to look at this though is that I can only get better from here. 

We get the SF Chronicle in our driveway every Sunday. We do not pay for it and our neighbors do not pick it up. They have run it over with the car in the past so we know they don't care about it. So, we take it. I actually like reading the paper on Sundays. There is a lot of good stuff in there including info like TONY AWARD WINNING Porgy & Bess coming to SF!!

There you have our weekend. Hope you had a good one!

No comments: